viernes, 4 de marzo de 2011

My Weekends


After so many years in the Scouts, my weekends had become in a kind of routine. But not that boring routine, because every weekend something new show up.

I usually get up between 8 or 9 am, except if I have a camping or excursion trip, where I have to wake up earlier.

On weekends I have the opportunity to breakfast with my family, because inthe week, we don't see much each other. After that, took a shower and mostly times I dress with my Scout uniform. The activity starts at 4 o'clock at the nearest park to my home. So that's why I get dress with the uniform early.

Some times I go with my family to make the larder shopping. Some others, I get early to the park to see the kids and study scouts things.

Once a month, I gather with the patrol leaders, having a meeting to discuss activities, planning campings or excursions, or solving problems that show up.

From 4 to 6 it's the activity time. The troop gathers round in formation, we made the Scouts' pray and passed inspection. After that we start with plays and technical stuffs according with the month's theme. Every month' we try to study a topic, for example, in January we studied the principles of being scout: pray, promise, law and principles; also we study first aids, knotting, camping techniques, Morse code, flag code, reading maps and compass, activities which every scout must known.

At 6 o'clock we finish our activities, ending with the pray and breaking lines. Some times I spend a while talking with the kids or their parents, taking care of some group business.

Then I go with my girlfriend, to watch a movie o playing with her dogs, and we usually take dinner in her home. After we eat, I go back to my home and set to sleep.

When I go on camping, of course the history change, because I'm so tired and ager for a nice and hot bath, and sleeping in a very soft bed.

Sundays is family time and girlfriend time, sometimes we go out to the forest like "la Marquesa" and eat, or go to the movies, or visit friends, what ever the mood and the money can provide.

In the night at home, get ready for the next day; new week, new deals and new life.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario