viernes, 4 de marzo de 2011

The Future


After 22 years in the Scouting world, and lived all the things I have lived, some times I ask to my self "And now what?, what's next for me?

Well this isn't an easy question, or an easy answer.

First I have to answer to an other question: "Do I feel happy with this", Yes I do. "Do I have the will to continue?" Yes I have.

What is my plan? Well I have planned continuing as the Troop Scout master chief until 2013, when the 40th group's anniversary take place. After that event, move inside the group in to a management position, like sub chief or even Group chief. Also I would like to find an other position outside the group, for instance in the district or in the entire province.

Scouting in Mexico is divided by provinces, usually the political states, just like province Puebla, or Chihuahua. In Mexico City the provinces are made from the political delegations, just like Azcapotzalco, Cuauhtemoc, Coyoacan, Tlanepantla, etc. and each province divided in districts. Districts are conformed by at least 2 groups. Azcapotzalco has 2 districts, each one with 6 groups. So I still have some choices.

For how long? I don't know, I would like to think for the rest of my life, but sometimes the ways of life don't follow the track we design. So I can't know for how long or which way will end.

The only sure thing is, every day I live I'm making my best effort to be a better person, guide the young kids in the best way I can do and my capabilities can, to give them a light of hope and commitment, into this world flown by angry, death and disappointment.

It's a hard task, and I question my self if I'm capable to do it, starting in my own life. But I have to be strong and hang all the adversity and Be Prepared all the time.

Scout Oath (or Promise)

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario